Failed to connect to binary FirefoxBinary with Selenium in Maven

0
0

I am running some Selenium-Tests. When I start them directly from Eclipse everything works fine. But when I Start them through Maven there the following Exception occurs:

org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException(Failed to connect to binary FirefoxBinary(C:\winapp\Firefox\firefox.exe) on port 7055; process output follows: 
null
Build info: version: '2.26.0', revision: '18040', time: '2012-11-02 09:44:45'
System info: os.name: 'Windows 7', os.arch: 'x86', os.version: '6.1', java.version: '1.6.0_35'
Driver info: driver.version: FirefoxDriver)

I am using Firefox 10.0.10 ESR. I have also tried it with Selenium 2.25.0.

Here is my latest version of the pom.xml:

<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>junit</groupId>
<artifactId>junit</artifactId>
<version>4.10</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.seleniumhq.selenium</groupId>
<artifactId>selenium-java</artifactId>
<version>2.26.0</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.seleniumhq.selenium</groupId>
<artifactId>selenium-server</artifactId>
<version>2.26.0</version>
<exclusions>
<exclusion>
<groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
<artifactId>servlet-api</artifactId>
</exclusion>
</exclusions>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>com.thoughtworks.xstream</groupId>
<artifactId>xstream</artifactId>
<version>1.4.1</version>
<type>jar</type>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.jdom</groupId>
<artifactId>jdom2</artifactId>
<version>2.0.3</version>
</dependency>
</dependencies>

If I can support you with more information, please let me know.

edit: updated pom.xml

edit2: What wonders me most, is that i can run the tests from eclipse without ans problems. they just occure, if i call “mvn install” for example

  • You must to post comments
0
0

When I encounter this error it’s usually one of two things.

The Selenium version does not support the browser version
Double check the Selenium/browser versions are the same when ran from Eclipse vs Maven.
Double check Eclipse and Maven are configured to use the same Selenium version.
This occurred for me when my browser auto updates so I turned that off in the browser.

The Selenium tests are running in headless mode
Unlikely if your manually executing mvn on the same machine as Eclipse.
This occurred for me when running Selenium through Maven on my Jenkins server. The Jenkins server was running in headless mode. Took me minute to figure out the headless stuff, think I set a DISPLAY env variable in Linux or something.

  • You must to post comments
Showing 1 result
Your Answer
Post as a guest by filling out the fields below or if you already have an account.
Name*
E-mail*
Website