There are many Software testing types, Types are typically created on the basis of tests carry out on the software under test.
Software testing types are mainly divided into two major areas
- Functional Testing: functional testing is testing the software with respect to its functionality/Specifications
- Non-functional Testing: Testing the software with factors which affects the software behavior.
Under Functional testing following testing, types are considered.
- Functional testing ( Workflow Testing)
- System Integration testing
- Error Handling.
- Database testing.
- Configuration testing
- Installation testing
- User Interface (UI) Testing
- Unit Testing
- Database Testing
- End to End Testing/Scenario-based testing
Under Non-functional Testing following Testing types are considered.
- Performance testing
- Load testing
- Stress Testing
- Security Testing
- Usability Testing
- Compatibility testing
There are also other types of testing based on the test execution,
- Smoke Testing
- Sanity Testing
- Regression Testing
- User Acceptance Testing ( which can also fall in Functional testing)
- System Testing
- Compliance Testing
- Exploratory Testing
We will learn all these software testing types in details in upcoming posts.