What is automated testing? what are the Limitations?
Automated testing in which tests are performed using software testing tools instead of human tester.
It is always not possible to test the software with all possible permutation combination during manual testing, using Automated testing it is easy and possible to test all combination using data driven testing.
Automation testing helps to reproduce the same test case again and again precisely where human tester can make a mistakes. it improves the speed, coverage, and risk mitigation of the project.
Automated testing has following limitations:
- Difficulty in automate all test cases.
- Mainly effective in testing UI based applications
- Data set creation and recreation is tedious.
- Need fair programming knowledge
- Highly dependent on GUI layout so when the interface changes the automated test script must also be modified