In this lessons we will look at the Automation Frameworks using Selenium. as the selenium is compatible or used any most of the programming languages. it gives lot of flexibility to create customized framework which suites to your requirements also capability to create enhanced frameworks. lets talk more about types of frameworks
- Linear automation Framework
- Structured automation Framework
- Modular automation Framework
- Data-driven automation Framework
- Keyword-driven automation Framework
- Hybrid automation Framework
- Page Object Model automation Framework
Page Object Model framework is one of the most popular framework is being used across the world. lets learn basics about these frameworks.
- Linear automation Framework: linear framework mainly based on record and play and follow the procedural code. this framework especially suites for very small projects and for creation of smoke test suites where only basis tests being executed.
- Structured automation Framework: In Structured framework , test cases are writing in more structured way using loops, if else statements, Switch statement and conditional statement, but it does not have any functions or modularity to make the framework more flexible.
- Modular automation Framework: In Modular framework, reusable code put in some functions and functions getting called whenever needed. it makes framework more flexible and easy for maintenance.
- Data-driven automation Framework: When some test needs to repeat for different data set , Data driven framework gets used. In this framework, Parameters in the test case gets linked to database, excel, csv, text files from there test case run for all defined parameter in the file. for more details please find the Post here
- Keyword-driven automation Framework: As Name suggest, Keyword nothing but a code which represent some action, say “login”. in this framework, we map the set of code which perform certain action with a keyword and then we use that keyword across the framework.For more details please find the post here
- Hybrid automation Framework: It is nothing but mix of any frameworks together. most popular hybrid automation frameworks are Modular- Data driven and Keyword- data driven.
- Page Object Model automation Framework: for each webpage, class has to be defined and all objects of that page and possible actions over that objects must be defined in that class file. and use these definition/methods and objects in test case creation. soon Article on this will be posted on Qeworks.