Download ISTQB Papers
What is ISTQB?
The International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) is a software testing qualification certification organization. It was founded in Edinburgh in November 2002, ISTQB is legally registered in Belgium.The ISTQB is responsible for the international qualification scheme called “ISTQB Certified Tester”. The qualifications are based on a syllabus, and there is a hierarchy of qualifications and guidelines for accreditation and examination.
ISTQB vision is
Defining and maintaining a Body of Knowledge which allows testers to be certified based on best practices, connecting the international software testing community, and encouraging research.
What is ISTQB certification?
ISTQB certification is the certification exam conducted by the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB). ISTQB certification exams are conducted internationally
ISTQB provides 3 levels of certification:
ISTQB Foundation Level (CTFL)
ISTQB Advanced Level (CTAL)
Expert Level (CTEL)
In order to get certified, you must successfully pass the ISTQB certification exams. In order to pass the test you must acquire professional knowledge in the field of testing, and be familiar with the basics and work processes of software testing. For all three levels of certification, international working groups of ISTQB develop and maintain internationally uniform curricula and exams
What are the benefits of ISTQB certification?
Benefits of ISTQB certification for individuals:
- Certification represents recognition of a particular individual’s professional competence.
- Prestige for the individual and a competitive advantage over non-certified individuals in the same field.
- Many companies consider ISTQB certification as a plus point for employees during appraisals.
- During employee recruitment, many companies prefer certified employees over non certified employees.
Benefits of ISTQB certification for Organizations:
- Establishment of a professional standard for employees in the field of Software testing.
- Assist the employers in making hiring decisions.
- Highly trained and competent workforce for employers.
Foundation Level ISTQB certification exam format:
- Number of Questions: 40
- Question types: multiple-choice questions, with a scoring of 1 point for each correct answer
- Passing marks: 65% (26 or more points)
- ISTQB Certification Exam time: 60 minutes
- Negative Marking: No
Advanced Level ISTQB certification exam format:
- Number of Questions: 65
- Question types: multiple-choice questions, with different scoring (from 1 to 3 points) for the correct answer according to the question’s level of difficulty
- Passing marks: 65%
- ISTQB Certification Exam time: 180 minutes
- Negative Marking: No
Download ISTQB Foundation Papers